Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.08.13, 8:20 pm Post #41: | Reply With Quote
^1
I want to know how to keep my lid clean. And there is some new kid on here asking the same question.

I am really afraid to buy a new body. Just to cremate it the way I have done the stock one.

So your "rollbar" is of GREAT interest here. Tell your Dad to get with the program, he has many people awaiting his skill and inginuity.

Just Sayin'.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.08.13, 8:46 pm Post #42: | Reply With Quote
Scott: Sorry for the wait but its now over. Here are the steps.

1. Get an aluminum tube whatever length you want, then bend each side to about a 40 deg. angle(personal preference). Then cut the ends to whatever length you want.

2. You thread the inside of the tubing. Then get a sweet spot on the body to mount it.

3. Drill two holes where youll be mounting the rail. Then get philip's head screws or allen key screws(preference) and make a angled washer(plastic, metal etc.) and mount it onto the body and you got yourself a sturdy roll bar and it looks good.

UPDATE: Got the Hobby People TAZR charger yesterday for $65 which is a pretty good deal because i was going to get the Thunder Ac6 but the shipping was 10 bucks plus a $10 TRX adapter so i went to my LHS(hobby people) and picked up the TAZR. I havent used it yet because im waiting on the Lipo i ordered(SPC 2s 5000mah)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080958 (800x600).jpg
Views:	36
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	41258  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080960 (800x600).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	41259  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080963 (800x600).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	41260  Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080964 (800x600).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	327.5 KB
ID:	41261  
(Last edited by SlasherBasher98 : 1.08.13 at 8:50 pm)
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.08.13, 8:53 pm Post #43: | Reply With Quote
My suggestion: If you're going to run roll bars directly on the slash body, place a washer on the inside of the body under the bolt to increase the surface area to minimize the chances of the bars ripping off your body... and ruining your day :P
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.08.13, 9:06 pm Post #44: | Reply With Quote
GUTSLAYER: haha look at my post theres washer under the bolt, didnt you just see the post??
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.08.13, 9:23 pm Post #45: | Reply With Quote
ah I see what you're refering to now, I didn't see that first picture.

while those spacers correct the angle of the screws threading position, they don't increase the area for the screws to create a force on,

Just something to consider is all, would hate to see any unnecessary damage
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.08.13, 9:26 pm Post #46: | Reply With Quote
Hmm yup that is something to consider. Taller angled washers!!!!
"trying too hard bro"
GUTSLAYER - 1.08.13, 9:29 pm Post #47: | Reply With Quote
Well you could just put a washer right under the angled spacer and you'll be all set as long as your screw threads into your roll bar enough.. because if it doesn't then that defeats the entire purpose lol

although now that I'm thinking about it, you run the risk of your spacer sliding into the washer's inner diameter creating mild play for the roll bar on the body and that'll actually rip out..

So keep it as is, no sense in changing it if it works as is
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.08.13, 10:02 pm Post #48: | Reply With Quote
What about using some type of a bar on the inside of the body to link all four(like a box with an X init) points on intrusion of the roof bar. that way they would share the impact together vs one getting hit and getting annihilated.

I wish I had your Dads skills. Very nice to see Father and Son sharing a hobby.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.08.13, 10:20 pm Post #49: | Reply With Quote
Thank you to both of you!
Trashyrich: ill tell him that and that x-box might be a good idea from keeping it from just on e side taking the impact. haha ill have a roof rollcage

GUTSLAYER: Change your mind a bit.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.09.13, 6:19 pm Post #50: | Reply With Quote
I just got the SPC 2s 5000Mah Lipo in the mail and its a blast!! It does pretty good wheelies too. So the next thing me and my dad are making is a custom wheelie barhopefully out of titanium! But i only drove it for about 20 minutes so i want to drive it more

THANK YOU DRJVOGEL!!!!!for telling me about the battery.

And I recommend the Hobby People TAZR charger. Its great, you can charge your battery up to 6 amps(lipo and Nihm) and it has a built in balancing outlet(ill post a picture of that in a bit) but the charger and Lipo and awesome so far!!