Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
xfilter - 1.05.13, 8:55 pm Post #11: | Reply With Quote
Well I figured I'd start to put some things together. Make sure everything was going to fit, and end up going to plan. Everything was going smooth.

I got to the above stage and went to put the RPM gear case on. Well it turns out there is no hole for the front screw in the RPM toe block as the stock gear box has no hole as they are molded into the gearbox them self. So I bolted the bottom LCG plate in place off set to locate where the holes needed to be in the chassis plate.

This was a quick and dirty way to make sure the holes where in the right spot.

Quick picture of the drilled holes.

Gear box mounted in finally

Bottom view of everything together

Side view of everything together.
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.05.13, 10:17 pm Post #12: | Reply With Quote
Looking good!!!
Love being young!!SPC For Life
Traxxas Slash VXL/Brother's Traxxas Bandit
DrJVogel said "I hate trees"
SlasherBasher98 said "I hate poles"
"OREGON IS FASTER"
c01e0 - 1.05.13, 11:28 pm Post #13: | Reply With Quote
Beautiful Gorgeous. That's what you should name it because that's how it looks.
I'm no dentist, but our uniforms are flossin'.
STRC LCG Slash, Axial SCX10 Dingo, Losi 8ight E 2.0, Tamiya TA04 drifter (shared)
"Experienced user"
AbSoLooT - 1.05.13, 11:43 pm Post #14: | Reply With Quote
Lookin great! While ur at it though, u should dye that Chassis black, and replace those shock towers But definatly Rit Dye the chassis black!
"Experienced user"
xfilter - 1.06.13, 7:02 am Post #15: | Reply With Quote
AbSoLooT said
Lookin great! While ur at it though, u should dye that Chassis black, and replace those shock towers But definatly Rit Dye the chassis black!
Oh the chassis will be black. I'm just mocking stuff up to make sure everything is fitting right. That chassis will be changed a lot before this project is finished.The shock tower will be replaced when the protrac kit shows up.

Thanks for all the nice post everyone
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.06.13, 10:28 am Post #16: | Reply With Quote
c01e0 said
Beautiful Gorgeous. That's what you should name it because that's how it looks.
It is beautiful i just dont want to admit it cause i want it
"Experienced user"
SlashDaddy - 1.06.13, 11:58 am Post #17: | Reply With Quote
Wow that is looking SWEET!! I might have a little tip I belive the guys are using the pads from the 4x4 they have more bite you can see how much more meat to the pad in the pic in the link. there is also a vented slipper housing helps in cooling sounds cool and looks sweet

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...pper-Pad-Set-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...lipper-Hub-Set
2wd Slash: Proline Protrak, Proline power strokes, Proline steerin, EZrun 8.5 turn, Spectrum S6070 Servo, STRC caster blocks,
4x4 Slash: Castle MMP SCT, Custom CF mount, Losi SCTE shocks, MIP Xduty Axels, RPM front and rear Arms, RPM Front Bumper, Traxxas aluminum Hubs and carriers
"Experienced user"
SlasherBasher98 - 1.06.13, 1:51 pm Post #18: | Reply With Quote
^^ I approve this message.
"Forum Dwelling Basher"
Dr. Isotope - 1.06.13, 2:24 pm Post #19: | Reply With Quote
Interesting way of addressing the STRC-LCG-no-likey-detachable-toe-blocks issue... but... I see something of a problem. By nesting the front screws for the gearbox under the lowest STRC plate (instead of countersinking the STRC plate itself,) you basically have to disassemble the entire rear end-- including all of the bolts for the STRC kit-- just to change a toe block or remove the gearbox for servicing.

You might want to add those two holes to the STRC plate before final assembly.
There are no atheists in the foxholes / There is no intellect in the air / There are no scientists on the way down / Just a working example of faith versus physics. --El-P, Flyentology
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.06.13, 4:42 pm Post #20: | Reply With Quote
Nice job. Gonna keep an eye on this.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.