Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
podunk - 1.06.13, 2:35 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
how do i fix a small crack in my lexan body for 2 wd slash.
(Last edited by podunk : 1.06.13 at 2:38 pm) Reason: mis spelled
"BOW TO LEPPER MESSIAH"
téosrc - 1.06.13, 2:36 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
My buddy used zip-ties to hold his body together.
Clean the cracked area really well and use duck tape.
(Last edited by téosrc : 1.06.13 at 2:38 pm)
Slash 4x4 , T4.1, SCX10, Comp. SCX10, most of a Traxxas Bullet.

Check out my youtube "Teosrc"
"Experienced user"
Premier00000 - 1.06.13, 2:42 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Drill a small hole in the end of the crack so it doesnt travel farther and zip tie stitch it together. It should look pretty cool when done. I've done it on full size car bumpers and it has a nice effect. Just make sure you use the smallest width zip ties possible.
"Dragon"
deerhurst - 1.06.13, 4:13 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
shoe goo! and maybe some duct tape.

the drill it and zip tie method is really good too. just doesnt look as clean.
Tamiya DF03ra Lancia Delta | E-Revo | F350 SCX10
Current project: Carbon Fiber Vantage based E-Slayer
Here, dragon-dragon-dragon!
"Experienced user"
trashyrich - 1.06.13, 4:15 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I use drywall tape and shoo goo.
It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.
"Obstacle Magnet"
DrJVogel - 1.06.13, 4:22 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Shoo Goo. You can also add sheet rock fiberglass seeming tape. The fiberglass tape has a sticky side to make it even easier to apply.

Also, they make adhesive clear plastic (like a typical sticker). This clear sticker can be placed over the crack on the outside. It's great to have the plastic already on where the major rub zones are on the truck and to proactively Goo the shell at what looks like the weakest areas.
radio-control-ophile
sometimes your RC rips up the dirt — sometimes the dirt rips up your RC
"Experienced user"
SlashDaddy - 1.06.13, 8:58 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
agreed shoo goo is what I have been using
2wd Slash: Proline Protrak, Proline power strokes, Proline steerin, EZrun 8.5 turn, Spectrum S6070 Servo, STRC caster blocks,
4x4 Slash: Castle MMP SCT, Custom CF mount, Losi SCTE shocks, MIP Xduty Axels, RPM front and rear Arms, RPM Front Bumper, Traxxas aluminum Hubs and carriers
"Black and Gold"
blakktalon - 1.07.13, 7:14 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
+ 7 Drill both ends of crack, or where ever the crack appears to be traveling next. Drywall tape, and shoe goo.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.07.13, 7:32 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I use Amazing Goop which supposedly sets up quicker than Shoe Goo and has the same amount of flexibility. I started backing the Goop with Gorilla brand Duct Tape instead of Drywall Tape. I find it helps align and repair nasty cracks better for me.

When first painting a new body, it's a good idea to reinforce known weak areas as well as backing your paint job with Goop to prevent any chipped paint flakes etc.

I recently found a can of rubber spray from Rustoleum I plan to experiment with on my next body. It is designed to repair leaky gutters, but I think it may work nicely to reinforce the paint on a body as a preventative for the final backing.
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Dragon"
deerhurst - 1.07.13, 7:47 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
A buddy of mine lines his bodies with spray on bed liner to protect the paint. Seems to do decent and makes the body a little heavier and it sounds a little different when it rolls.
Tamiya DF03ra Lancia Delta | E-Revo | F350 SCX10
Current project: Carbon Fiber Vantage based E-Slayer
Here, dragon-dragon-dragon!