Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 1.06.13, 6:49 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Not a review. Please do not call this a review -- I haven't so much as turned the thing on. Just my first look at the thing straight out of the box. Any driving and other videos of the thing will be done once they can be done, and once they are done. Right now, everything everywhere is mud.

(watch this on YouTube for more options)

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
(Last edited by theJANG : 1.06.13 at 9:03 pm)
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.
"I am experienced now?!?"
tj_7alberto - 1.06.13, 6:51 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I love how Jang says sorry. Considering who he is and all
"For her pleasure user"
kingkong559 - 1.06.13, 6:52 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Ohh you finally got a nitro that I know of. Nice. Curious to see how it performs on the track.
Automotive/Motorcycle enthusiast
49ERS
Gone fishing on the weekend. Don't bother me.

Opinions are like @holes, everyone has one.
"Stupid is as stupid does"
SLASHBASHIN - 1.06.13, 7:03 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
The antenna tube looked like a 72mhz one from the old radio. The antenna did not look 2.4 length even though it was. Weird.
"Northern New Jersey"
Bunzo - 1.06.13, 7:12 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I am interested to see how this performs. I sold off all my nitros a few years ago except my jato but nitro SC might be fun.

My sons rustler vxl came with 2.4 ghz but it included a long antenna tube in the packaging. I had to cut it down to size. It was nice though cause I got to keep the extra tube to cut and use for the future.
(Last edited by Bunzo : 1.06.13 at 7:15 pm)
"Experienced user"
3DSteve - 1.06.13, 7:24 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
With all the old-school touches, I'm wondering if maybe Traxxas broke open some unsold Nitro Rustler kits to get parts for the Slash. Or maybe they already have the assembly process set up for the old truck and are just modifying it with the Slash-specific parts.
"Experienced user"
RC*PHREAK - 1.06.13, 7:38 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
phillips head hardware? BOOOOOOO!!!!!

why? just why?
builtrc.com
"Experienced user"
Egon Spengler - 1.06.13, 7:42 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Cool. Looking forward to the driving footage and review!

I kinda understand the non-waterproof servos as a way to keep the pricepoint down. The phillips hardware is just bizarre to me though. I can't really see how it would save cost vs. their more standardized (at this point) hex hardware.
Daily basher: Slash 2wd - VXL, 2s, protrac, strc lcg
Shelf queen/occasional driver: RC10B3 - brushed, nicads, Airtronics AM radio
"Experienced user"
SlashDaddy - 1.06.13, 7:50 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
good out of the box review Jang cool that it came with an extra glow plug and fuel bottle. so anyone else thinking electric conversion besides me??

How is the plastic on that body?? does it fell like a better quality
2wd Slash: Proline Protrak, Proline power strokes, Proline steerin, EZrun 8.5 turn, Spectrum S6070 Servo, STRC caster blocks,
4x4 Slash: Castle MMP SCT, Custom CF mount, Losi SCTE shocks, MIP Xduty Axels, RPM front and rear Arms, RPM Front Bumper, Traxxas aluminum Hubs and carriers
"Experienced user"
Egon Spengler - 1.06.13, 7:51 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
3DSteve said
With all the old-school touches, I'm wondering if maybe Traxxas broke open some unsold Nitro Rustler kits to get parts for the Slash. Or maybe they already have the assembly process set up for the old truck and are just modifying it with the Slash-specific parts.
Hmm, maybe? I can't imagine they would have much Nitro Rustler inventory vs. how many Nitro Slashes they hope to sell though, such that they would make a design decision based on that.

Also, I'm very curious to see how Traxxas (any other RTRs for that matter) are assembled in a factory. I wonder how easy it would be to change an assembly process. My uniformed opinion is that changing something like fastener head type would be pretty easy.
Daily basher: Slash 2wd - VXL, 2s, protrac, strc lcg
Shelf queen/occasional driver: RC10B3 - brushed, nicads, Airtronics AM radio