Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Surprisingly Informative"
ntp - 1.07.13, 5:21 am Post #21: | Reply With Quote
Just watched a vid on youtube. Full throttle starts get you nothing but roost and fishtails.

Hunting for traction would be putting it lightly.
Axial AX-10 Scorpion Modified a tad.
Summit vxl the "Tink Tank"
Stampede 4x4 vxl.
Cadillac RC10 GoldTub minor mods.
Slash 2wd
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.07.13, 6:10 am Post #22: | Reply With Quote
tachikoma1373 said
I would of thought the process of electric conversion would be almost identical to that of the nitro rustler - there's a thread with a couple of pics on the Traxxas forums here

Lots of threads where people have fastened the electric transmission to the rustler chassis but not so many like the above where just a motor mount has been added.
Thanks for the link, that's pretty cool, after looking at the exploded parts diagram, it appears to be using the same transmission, not a 4 gear for the mid motor

I did see that the LCG aluminum chassis is only $27:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDAYN&P=7

Seems like a far better deal than the chassis kits I've seen from other vendors
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Vacationing user"
Byodood - 1.07.13, 6:43 am Post #23: | Reply With Quote
i'm getting one, taking the 3.3 out of it and putting that in my jato, then putting my jato's 2.5 in the slash. There, the truck is instantly 10x more manageable.
"Experienced user"
TheBlueKnight - 1.07.13, 7:04 am Post #24: | Reply With Quote
RC*PHREAK said
phillips head hardware? BOOOOOOO!!!!!

why? just why?
Honestly, I've never had a problem with my Evader or Stampede since I started using the correct phillips head to to the job. Never again have I stripped a screw head. People run into problems because they use a phillips head screw driver that is too big or too small, strip the head, and then throw a tantrum that phillips head screws are the worst ever, which I understand. I used to do it all the time a few years back. Only time I have problems with phillips head screws is when I'm using a drill gun to put in heavy duty lag screws into the side of a house and need ultra force and grip to get it to go in. RC's don't have close to that kind of force needed ever.
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 1.07.13, 7:05 am Post #25: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
Thanks for the link, that's pretty cool, after looking at the exploded parts diagram, it appears to be using the same transmission, not a 4 gear for the mid motor

I did see that the LCG aluminum chassis is only $27:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDAYN&P=7

Seems like a far better deal than the chassis kits I've seen from other vendors
so is the electric slash's tranny and front end a direct drop in on a the nitro's chassis? that is, minus coming up with some method of holding the battery in (which i am thinking heavy duty velcro and straps)
"Vacationing user"
Byodood - 1.07.13, 7:07 am Post #26: | Reply With Quote
TheBlueKnight said
Honestly, I've never had a problem with my Evader or Stampede since I started using the correct phillips head to to the job. Never again have I stripped a screw head. People run into problems because they use a phillips head screw driver that is too big or too small, strip the head, and then throw a tantrum that phillips head screws are the worst ever, which I understand. I used to do it all the time a few years back. Only time I have problems with phillips head screws is when I'm using a drill gun to put in heavy duty lag screws into the side of a house and need ultra force and grip to get it to go in. RC's don't have close to that kind of force needed ever.
I prefer <insert any screw head type> over hex. Hexes just strip WAY too easy.
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.07.13, 8:36 am Post #27: | Reply With Quote
STEEL-CITY-CRWL said
so is the electric slash's tranny and front end a direct drop in on a the nitro's chassis? that is, minus coming up with some method of holding the battery in (which i am thinking heavy duty velcro and straps)
For $27, I'd be willing to give it a try when they come back in stock. I am ready to convert my 2WD Pede into a Stadium Truck, that class has recently been revived locally and I think it would be fun to give some of the Losi 22T's a little competition from Traxxas, ha!
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Experienced user"
tachikoma1373 - 1.07.13, 9:56 am Post #28: | Reply With Quote
BillDeLong said
For $27, I'd be willing to give it a try when they come back in stock.
Not wrong there Bill. get the chassis and rear end/gearbox components and try it if they ever get any stock over here in the UK. I think I should do the custom chassis for my Clash 1 first though
slash5803.wordpress.com - a (poorly maintained) blog about a small toy for a big boy
"Experienced user"
RC*PHREAK - 1.07.13, 6:38 pm Post #29: | Reply With Quote
TheBlueKnight said
so are you saying that phillips head hardware is superior to hex head? if you are, then we have issues, if you aren't then your point is moot.
builtrc.com
(URC Founder)
"Dory, Hunky"
theJANG - 1.07.13, 7:03 pm Post #30: | Reply With Quote
justpoet: Battery, I mean fuel tank, box looks to be a little over 45mm wide. There is one attachment point that passes a bolt through a motor mount, but you can easily make up for that with a couple nuts or a little standoff.

I think I've irreparably stripped about as many Phillips heads as hex heads, which is a pretty small number. Phillips definitely seem easier to strip though since they don't lock the bit in. I do have a full range of Phillips bits, too, and (usually) use the right one for the job. Another nice thing about hexes is that you can often cheat out-of-the-way screws with ball end bits!
Please do not PM (privately message) me or directly address forum threads towards me with questions that can be answered by the rest of the URC community. Most questions asked of me directly can be answered sooner & better by the URC community.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I can only respond to important urgent, business-related, or security-related private messages. I cannot give personal diagnostic or product advice via PM. Please utilize the tremendous resource that is the entire URC community. Thank you for your understanding.