Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
STEEL-CITY-CRWL - 1.07.13, 7:07 pm Post #31: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
Another nice thing about hexes is that you can often cheat out-of-the-way screws with ball end bits!
haha, ball end hex bits are the leading cause of stripped hex screws for me!!
"Experienced user"
justpoet - 1.07.13, 7:57 pm Post #32: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
justpoet: Battery, I mean fuel tank, box looks to be a little over 45mm wide. There is one attachment point that passes a bolt through a motor mount, but you can easily make up for that with a couple nuts or a little standoff.
Hmm, seems that's too narrow to put a normal 2s battery in then, at least in the standard orientation. Perhaps the lipo on its side would work, though that would raise the cg back up a bit...or maybe some dremel work.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
"Experienced user"
RC*PHREAK - 1.07.13, 8:45 pm Post #33: | Reply With Quote
when i think of phillips head hardware, i think cheap-o chinese himoto type stuff (dominus, HK stuff, etc). while many traxxas haters think of them in the same class as the aforementioned, they most certainly are not and a real hobby grade vehicle should have hex heads, preferably metric.

just one guy's opinion...
builtrc.com
"Did I make the A Main?"
BillDeLong - 1.08.13, 4:16 am Post #34: | Reply With Quote
theJANG said
Another nice thing about hexes is that you can often cheat out-of-the-way screws with ball end bits!
I have also had success swapping SAE and Metric bits out as well as using a drop of CA Gel to back out a stripped head.

I have since bought tips that I can fit into my impact driver. That's how I am able to break screws from used vehicles that I have bought from folks who used too much thread lock

These tips don't work nearly as well with Phillips head screws
Club Racer: SCT + eBuggy + GT8e + GT18e + USGT + VTA + M12
Basher:
Monster Trucks + Crawlers + Drifters + Motorcycles

"Impervious to Perfection"
2genewb - 1.08.13, 5:12 am Post #35: | Reply With Quote
is it wrong that i keep debating whether to report the OP for being in the wrong forum? i mean, we do have a nitro specific forum.

i must say i agree that this is simply the wrong hobby for phillips head screws...
No Cerveza, No Trabajo. Muchas Gracias.
"Experienced user"
drbyrnes - 1.08.13, 5:28 am Post #36: | Reply With Quote
Man, Traxxas never fails to give it's vehicles a lot of motor.
"Vacationing user"
Byodood - 1.08.13, 1:15 pm Post #37: | Reply With Quote
My lhs has these in already. Compared to the lightness of the 'lectric slash, this thing is really heavy. I haven't got to drive one though, although I really assume it'll just spin out because of all dat motor.
"Experienced user"
SquirrelRC - 3.07.13, 1:56 pm Post #38: | Reply With Quote
Where did this truck go? I was looking foreword to seeing this thing run but the video is completely gone.
"Experienced user"
erevo1*16 - 3.07.13, 3:25 pm Post #39: | Reply With Quote
Well... I noticed that JANG was getting very close to 1,000 vids on the youtube channel; then he deleted a few.

Just a guess... But I think he's got something planned that may register as epic.
My Tastes are simple:
I am easily satisfied with the best.
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Experienced user"
justpoet - 3.07.13, 3:29 pm Post #40: | Reply With Quote
I just went back to page 1 of this and clicked the video and watched it, I don't think there's anything sinister other than YouTube maybe not being spot on.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle