Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
anthony_carter - 1.13.13, 6:30 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
So i found this kit while surfing the ebays and for the price it seems like a steal and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this chassis.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-10-RC-R...#ht_2312wt_906
It's the GATMAN!
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 1.13.13, 12:45 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I own the legitimate version, which is the Eagle Racing R31-16FM. DO NOT GET THE DEVIL.

Why:
The TEH-R31 is their original clone, and a lot of stuff broke on in, but there was endless parts support from multiple reputable manufacturers.

The Devil, on the otherhand, is a TEH-R31 conversion which only shares the suspension components with a TEH/OTA-R31. All other parts you break must be purchased through EAgle Racing, which is located in Japan. Expect to pay 25% of your order on shipping.

Beyond this, the car is beyond impossible to set up. I had to have locals set it up for me, as my mind couldn't wrap around setting up a front motor CS car. The Sakura D3 is the same, also hard to set up.

Long story short: The legitimate chassis is a great product, but one of the greatest annoyances is the front motor limits the amount of bodies it can fit. The clone version shares the cons of above, but have fun paying for expensive replacements.
Youtube/Instagram @ Nismobao
Traxxas Rustler VXL (for sale) - Eagle Racing R31-16FM @ 2.18 CS - HPI Sprint 2 RWD
I offer custom vinyls/license plates for your R/C cars and custom body work. PM me for more info.
"Experienced user"
HiL0W - 1.13.13, 7:25 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
How about an exceed Drift King.
"Experienced user"
anthony_carter - 1.14.13, 3:51 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
An exceed isn't really what i am looking for as it wouldn't have the tuning options as the ota r31 or even the steering angle or the ability to use a counter steer setup.
It's the GATMAN!
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 1.14.13, 5:36 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
You're better off just getting a TEH-R31 and upgrading all the necessary aluminum parts
Traxxas Rustler VXL (for sale) - Eagle Racing R31-16FM @ 2.18 CS - HPI Sprint 2 RWD
I offer custom vinyls/license plates for your R/C cars and custom body work. PM me for more info.
"Sideways Monkey"
Joeysss - 1.14.13, 7:14 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Get yourself a Sakura zero s. you can set it up for CS, it has all the aluminium and carbon upgrades you want, and its a cheap and durable chassis
"Experienced user"
Aquito - 1.14.13, 8:58 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Sakura zero s is a great choice and if into drifting then for $20 more get the Sakura D3 countersteer
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 1.14.13, 9:04 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Aquito said
Sakura zero s is a great choice and if into drifting then for $20 more get the Sakura D3 countersteer
+1
"Another "Ignorant Kid""
winner - 1.16.13, 5:14 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
DRIV3R said
The TEH-R31 is their original clone, and a lot of stuff broke on in, but there was endless parts support from multiple reputable manufacturers.

what parts broke on yours? i have one and the only parts that broke on it were the same ones that were common breaking points on the OTA R31 except for the front drive shafts, and i drift the crap out if that thing. if you get the TEH you just need to get EA drive shafts, fron and rear diffs, and the pin and o ring mod for the pullies. if you can get the EA shocks too. the R2 plastic shocks suck.

wone lots of dog fights with mine.
-front one way
-rear solid spool
-TRF Shocks
It's not scaling..... its proportional replicating..... Duh.
"Bay Area Drifter"
DRIV3R - 1.16.13, 2:26 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
winner said
what parts broke on yours? i have one and the only parts that broke on it were the same ones that were common breaking points on the OTA R31 except for the front drive shafts, and i drift the crap out if that thing. if you get the TEH you just need to get EA drive shafts, fron and rear diffs, and the pin and o ring mod for the pullies. if you can get the EA shocks too. the R2 plastic shocks suck.

wone lots of dog fights with mine.
-front one way
-rear solid spool
-TRF Shocks
I've yet to abuse mine, but word on the street is that the plastic pulley pins and the plastic diff outdrives were always the first to go.

I've used the R2hobbies CVD's on my R31-16FM, and they break in less than 10 mintues. -_-