Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Its not broken, it still moves"
RCRTSandiego - 1.21.13, 7:46 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I was wondering if this would make a good motor system with my Slash 4x4. To me it seems preety good, 1/8, sensored/sensorless,a good name brand, $140! It has an amazing price point for what you get. I'll be making a Chimera-style Slash and will be running majorally on 2s lipo, sometimes 3s . I have a couple questions: How many amps does it run? What gearing should I use? And finally, Is their any other comparable sensored/sensorless name brand esc on the market?

Thank you!
"Experienced user"
Urufu_Shinjiro - 1.22.13, 6:46 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Currently out of stock, but the best deal going right now is this: http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...+SHIPPING.html
"Experienced user"
Death Trot - 1.22.13, 7:10 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Everyone recommends funhobby but try BuiltRC.com. Same products and shipped from California instead of China. I had great experience with my tenshock hobbywing combo.
Mattzilla Project Yeti: Abomination Nightmare------SuperShafty.com Build Thread
SCX10 Tundra HighLift HH-Revolver 540 WP'd and MMxP
RC8.2e "Frosty Special" Muggy!!!
Facebook@ATxRCAddicts
"Experienced user"
Urufu_Shinjiro - 1.22.13, 7:31 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I'm not willing to pay literally $50 more to have it shipped from California instead of china.
"Northern New Jersey"
Bunzo - 1.22.13, 7:42 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Builtrc does not have the same combos as funshobby.
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 1.22.13, 7:57 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
The silver arrow isn't bad.
I'd actually call it more suited for 1/10 4x4 than it is for 1/8 scale.
Hypn0t1q79 here on the forums had an 1/8 buggy with a silver arrow combo in it, and it ran really hot. It'd probably do miles better in something like a Slash 4x4.
"So I says to the guy: 'What good is yous' offer to me if I ain't got no virgins to sacrifice?!'
and den he jus' sorta looked at me all blank-like for a second, an' jus flew away."
"Experienced user"
GMpede - 1.22.13, 8:10 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Im actually shopping for a ESC+7.5-10.5 motor combo myself and I have been drawn to Speed Passion as well. I have a Schumacher sx3 pro and my LHS says go with Tekin RS pro. I get that Tekin makeas a great product, but for half the price I can get a SP reventon pro sensored combo. Is it worth the savings to go with SP?? I know Schumacher uses them. Anyone have this combo or experience with them? Also, if anyone has a diff recommendation for a 4WD mod buggy combo, please let me know.
"Experienced user"
GMpede - 1.22.13, 8:11 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Oh the SP combo is Reventon pro combo with the MMM motor.
"A little bit of everything"
User Unrelated - 1.22.13, 8:26 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I run a Losi Xcelorin 10.5T motor, and an LRP sphere ESC in my Lazer ZX5, and it's TOO fast for my track.
It all depends on track conditions, really.

But trying to stay on topic, I've owned a cheap Speed Passion sensorless cirtix system before, and it was actually a really good system. Speed Passion, in my opinion, walks that fine line of being grouped with Hobbywing, mainly for their lower end products, but if their higher-end stuff carries the same bang-for-your buck that the cheaper stuff does, it should be great!
"So I says to the guy: 'What good is yous' offer to me if I ain't got no virgins to sacrifice?!'
and den he jus' sorta looked at me all blank-like for a second, an' jus flew away."
"Experienced user"
Death Trot - 1.22.13, 10:11 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Well I figure $50 extra is not a big deal if I get my combo faster and withbthe assurance it is not a FAKE that hobbywing has investigated and proved to exist. Not to mention that I rather throw Joe HobbyShop a few extra bucks in California as apposed to sending money to China. Unless it would help our national debt (the adults will get this joke)
Mattzilla Project Yeti: Abomination Nightmare------SuperShafty.com Build Thread
SCX10 Tundra HighLift HH-Revolver 540 WP'd and MMxP
RC8.2e "Frosty Special" Muggy!!!
Facebook@ATxRCAddicts