Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
angus - 1.27.13, 9:52 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Here are some pics of my 325, 360 and stock (400mm) XO-1's

The stock one is new since I just sold my "battle axe"

"Experienced user"
FLoJo - 1.27.13, 10:03 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
man those look awsome , really would love to build one int he 360mm version , how does the 325mm hold up with the plastic drive shafts . Did you just mount them to xo-1 diffs ? man trying to figure out how you made the 325mm and 360 lolol
btw love that ferrari body , think im going to order it for my XO-1 . I had ordered the lambo body and it looked beatiful almost fit without any mods whatsoever . Didnt get the ferrari because it came prepainted red and really would love in a black or white color but actually seeing one on there now . I love how it looks .
great job man , very good job !!!
"Experienced user"
angus - 1.27.13, 10:13 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
The plastic shafts hold up OK since this car is primarily run in the rain (notice the "E" compound GRP's) I am running a 3S on a Losi 2800 in it for now, once it dries up around here I will go 2650 in it and 4S - that'll need some Teknos or XO-1 shafts.

For the shorter wheelbase, I cut the chassis down and re-drilled the holes for the front bulkhead, along with a bunch of others that had to be relocated.

Unfortunately, the Ofna bodies are all gone, unless they do another run and HPI decides to sell them we are screwed - I bought 2 of the Ferrari bodies and a 911 and I couldn't get any more.
"Experienced user"
FLoJo - 1.27.13, 10:31 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
where are you located ?
I can get more painted ferrari bodies just not clear unpainted and the lambo and porsche are sold out either way i look
. wish I could locate a clear unpainted ferrari would love to add it to my collection . I have some kyosho 325mm unpainted ferrari and aston martin bodys but I paid a pretty penny for them and dread cutting them up and painting them for fear ill mess them up lolol
on the 1/7 scale are you running a 2200 or the bigblock in there ?
"Experienced user"
angus - 1.28.13, 12:15 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
The 1/7 has the big block now but thinking of doing something that will handle more cells...

Yes those Inferno GT bodies are worth a mint - cannot be found anywhere, next time I am in Japan I am going to scour the hobby shops -

I have a few inferno GT2 (360MM) bodies though and they are still in print - C6R, McLaren, Audi R8.
"Experienced user"
draco321 - 1.28.13, 3:35 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
nice collection
Losi 8t 2.0e MM2 1515 Savox 1231sg 6s: Losi L8 2.0e MM2 1515 Savox 1256tg 6s:
Big Block Losi Muggy MM2 1717 Savox 1230sg 6s: Losi Scte MM2 1515 Savox 1256tg 6s: Rustler MM2 1515b Savox 1256tg: FLM: STRC: 4s : SLASH 4x4 1415 sw8:
Kyosho ST-RR:: MM2: 1515: Savox 1232sg:
"Mr. Postman"
humayraykinaon - 1.28.13, 11:56 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
simply amazing, i like that you can modded a xo-1 chassis to fit other short wheelbase body. i was thinking of doing this before but never had the guts to do it so i choose the rally 1/10 lol.
thanks for sharing us your idea, i bet ppl at the track thinking you have a DM-1 or inferno under that corvette lol.
| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |
"Experienced user"
angus - 1.29.13, 2:39 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Yes, I frequently get guys coming up and saying where did you get the Inferno GT2!! I had the GT2 and I think the 360mm XO-1 might just be better - at least I can get lots of parts easily!

I also hated that there are no bodies for the XO-1 really - so I made the car fit the available bodies - my next thing to try is a SC body on the 235mm XO-1...
"Mr. Postman"
humayraykinaon - 1.29.13, 5:55 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
angus said
Yes, I frequently get guys coming up and saying where did you get the Inferno GT2!! I had the GT2 and I think the 360mm XO-1 might just be better - at least I can get lots of parts easily!

I also hated that there are no bodies for the XO-1 really - so I made the car fit the available bodies - my next thing to try is a SC body on the 235mm XO-1...
i really like that 360mm i might give it a go this time lol. where did you find this body from cause i could'nt find the corvette anymore. hopefully traxxas will release a new body design and give us more choices.

one last Q's. what center shaft did you use on the 360mm?
(Last edited by humayraykinaon : 1.29.13 at 6:01 pm)
| Rally GT8 Powered By CC |
"Experienced user"
RCWiily - 1.29.13, 6:00 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
humayraykinaon said
i really like that 360mm i might give it a go this time lol. where did you find this body from cause i could'nt find the corvette anymore. hopefully traxxas will release a new body design and give us more choices.
Clear
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Corvette-C6-R

Painted
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Corvette-C6-R
You can't understand cuz you're listening too slow.