Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
ericmaxman - 1.29.13, 1:03 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote

The all new Turnigy GT-10X 1/10 Pan Car Kit is a high performance model loaded with features. The lightweight, slim-line design enables the GT-10X to be very agile and aggressive in the corners. From asphalt to carpet, this car can handle it all!

The GT-10X sports all of the features that you would expect from a high performance 1/10 Pan Car, such as a ball diff rear axle, lightweight carbon fiber chassis, fully adjustable front/rear suspension and rear side-links, open motor pod, adjustable front camber/castor and the list goes on!

A great feature of this chassis is the open motor pod design that makes installing, adjusting and swapping of brushless motors quick and easy. The motor mount is made of ultra-durable and lightweight 5mm CNC aluminum alloy. It's then anodized in a beautiful blue finish giving it that "hopped-up" look.

The GT-10X includes a servo mount that will accommodate most standard size servos, giving you a wide range of steering servo options. The battery tray is a perfect fit for our ROAR approved Turnigy nano-tech 1S 5000mAh hard case lipoly battery, and will suit most other 1S hardcase battery packs as well.

This car comes pre-built and almost ready to run, even the foam tires and wheels are pre-mounted. You will simply need to install your own brushless motor, ESC, steering servo and 2CH radio system (transmitter and receiver) to be ready to hit the track!

Features:
Lightweight slim-line design
High performance rear ball differential
Fully adjustable front/rear suspension including rear side links
Oil-filled aluminum bodied rear shock
Open motor pod design
3mm carbon fiber chassis construction
Pre-assembled chassis
Pre-painted/trimmed body shell included

Specs:
Length: 420mm
Width: 200mm
Height: 115mm
Tread: 170mm
Wheel base: 260mm
Battery tray size: 96x50mm
Chassis weight: 515g (w/no electronics)

Includes:
GT-10X pan car chassis
Pre-painted/trimmed body shell
All required hardware

Requires:
2CH transmitter and receiver
3650 size brushless motor
Brushless ESC
Standard size steering servo (3KG torque or higher)
4000~5000mAh 1S lipoly battery (2S optional)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=29107

$69.99
* Nothing to see *
"I am experienced now?!?"
tj_7alberto - 1.29.13, 4:12 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I know nothing about Pan cars (or even onroad in general) but I thought pan carsnwerent supposed to look so... Scale Haha
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 1.29.13, 4:51 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
tj_7alberto said
I know nothing about Pan cars (or even onroad in general) but I thought pan carsnwerent supposed to look so... Scale Haha
*cough* F-1 *cough*

Pan cars are actually pretty scale looking, with the exception of the super aerodynamic race bodies. Tamiya really turned out a few stunners in the eighties and nineties.
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.'- Wayne Gretzky"

-Michael Scott
"Vacationing user"
thepiper92 - 1.29.13, 4:53 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I thought pans usually had the wedge shaped body. This is closer to a touring style.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 1.29.13, 4:55 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Is "pan car" defined by the chassis or the shell? I'm not quite sure of that one. The Tamiya F103GT is the same size as a 190mm TC, but uses the standard pan car chassis layout.

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
andersonwal - 1.29.13, 4:57 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
thepiper92 said
I thought pans usually had the wedge shaped body. This is closer to a touring style.
It's a 1/10 scale GT car. Pan cars are usually 1/12 scale. GT cars are based on the same design but longer and with somewhat more realistic bodies.
1% evil, 99% hot gas
"Vacationing user"
thepiper92 - 1.29.13, 5:00 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Ah. Well it's a good looking body the comes with it.
"eheheheheh"
tamiyafier - 1.29.13, 5:06 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
andersonwal said
It's a 1/10 scale GT car. Pan cars are usually 1/12 scale. GT cars are based on the same design but longer and with somewhat more realistic bodies.
Thanks for clearing that up.

-Michael Scott
"Experienced user"
Greg - 1.29.13, 5:17 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I used to race 1/12 scale, would love to get back into it in 1/10 scale if there was only a track around here. This car looks sturdy like it can take a hit, and the front end looks like it might be able to accept the Team Associated type front suspension.
"Experienced user"
cartix - 1.29.13, 5:24 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Pan cars are both 1/10 & 1/12 scale. Bolink, Associated etc all had kits in both classes back in the 90's. 1/10 oval uses pan car chassis also, with the battery offset on the left side of the chassis. GT pan cars are now very popular.
$70, body included, looks promising .