Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
MadMax96 - 3.14.13, 5:47 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I just virtually thumbed through the latest HobbyTown digital magazine and on the back cover is a pic of an upcoming model (see attached pic).

I'm guessing it's simply the Dominus truggy with MT wheels/tires and higher body mounts for the truck body.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Helion stuff but if they can market a brushless 4x4 MT for under $300, it might be worth a look.

Just wondering if anyone heard anything about this vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invictus.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	44124  
-Matt
Slash 2WD - FT SC10 - 1/16 E-Revo VXL - Summit - Axial SCX10 Dingo - ECX Ruckus - Slash 4x4 Platinum
"Experienced user"
huskerfreak - 3.19.13, 9:09 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
That is far from correct information. The Invictus does share some of the Dominus suspension parts but that is it. It has totally different chassis, upgraded motor and esc that will accept a 3s lipo and higher torque servo that turns the wheels with little effort. The Invictus is going to give the Stampede 4x4 a run for its money at a lot lesser price.

"Experienced user"
MadMax96 - 3.19.13, 11:44 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
huskerfreak said
That is far from correct information.
That's why I started with "I'm guessing... ".

I'm glad to see someone has more info on it. Hopefully it will really deliver!
-Matt
Slash 2WD - FT SC10 - 1/16 E-Revo VXL - Summit - Axial SCX10 Dingo - ECX Ruckus - Slash 4x4 Platinum
"Vacationing user"
Pede Pede - 3.19.13, 3:49 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
I don't understand how this particular truck will give the Stampede a run for it's money when there are plenty of $200-$300 trucks now that already do that. This will just be another option. Not bashing the truck in any way, just saying.
"Experienced user"
MadMax96 - 3.19.13, 4:54 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
I think the Stampede 4x4 is a good truck as far as performance and capabilities, but to me it just doesn't look like it's worth its $450+ price tag (yeah I know the latest iteration comes with a lipo). It just looks all out of proportion with the body sitting high (showing the ugly gray chassis) and relatively small wheels, and pretty short wheelbase.

For Stampede 4x4 money I think I'd just spend it on a Kyosho Mad Force VE.

This Invictus looks perfect to me - decent stance and big wheels, but not too low like the Revo and MT4 G3 which to me aren't really monster trucks at all.

I know people rave about the TT MT4 G3 but I personally think it looks stupid. At least the E-Revo has some style to it.. but holy cow the price is up there!
-Matt
"Vacationing user"
Pede Pede - 3.19.13, 6:39 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
MadMax96 said
I think the Stampede 4x4 is a good truck as far as performance and capabilities, but to me it just doesn't look like it's worth its $450+ price tag (yeah I know the latest iteration comes with a lipo). It just looks all out of proportion with the body sitting high (showing the ugly gray chassis) and relatively small wheels, and pretty short wheelbase.

For Stampede 4x4 money I think I'd just spend it on a Kyosho Mad Force VE.

This Invictus looks perfect to me - decent stance and big wheels, but not too low like the Revo and MT4 G3 which to me aren't really monster trucks at all.

I know people rave about the TT MT4 G3 but I personally think it looks stupid. At least the E-Revo has some style to it.. but holy cow the price is up there!
I pretty much agree with everything you said. If I came off as defending the Pede then I apologize because I'm not. While I did have one and enjoyed it, it's overpriced in my opinion as well.
"Chevy Guy"
stadiumangt - 3.19.13, 6:42 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
i like it, but will it be durable? My helion was like made of legos, literally.
tmdz28 said
Common sense is a luxury nowadays. Sadly.
Heeelmooi said
Now add Cancel Croatians Mumbai Monastary in there
Specializing in Duratrax Nitro Quake, Ofna Monster Pirate/Dominator, Ofna Blazer (original), Kyosho Nitro Usa-1
"Experienced user"
Legoman - 3.19.13, 6:53 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
stadiumangt said
i like it, but will it be durable? My helion was like made of legos, literally.
At least Lego separates when it breaks apart instead of just disintegrating! When Lego "breaks", you just pop everything back together. But with the Helion vehicles, a break involves a trip to Hobbytown or an order on the Internet.

Those shocks look like the cheap Chinese shocks which come standard with HSP, Himoto, and Exceed vehicles.
"Experienced user"
MadMax96 - 3.19.13, 6:58 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Pede Pede said
I pretty much agree with everything you said. If I came off as defending the Pede then I apologize because I'm not. While I did have one and enjoyed it, it's overpriced in my opinion as well.
It's all good - no need to apologize! Everyone can like what they want!

I think the Stampede is sort of the 1/10 4x4 MT benchmark - all the owners I see post about it when people inquire about the truck seem to love it to death. I don't doubt their claims to how great it works and how well it holds up. *I* personally just can't get past the appearance of it... it's just downright fugly. It looks too much like the Stampede 2wd which is an ancient design.

I really want a 1/10(ish) 4wd MT that looks like a monster truck - not a truggy with oversized wheels/tires! The Helion seems appealing not only because of its appearance, but also the fact that I would be able to get parts at my local Hobbytown. I wouldn't buy a basher from a site like Hobbyking and be stuck waiting weeks for parts.

But like stadiumangt and others have mentioned, their Helion vehicles have been questionable as far as durability.

I'd have to wait until someone like Jang or the folks at Big Squid got a hold of it to really put it through the ringer before I would consider pulling the trigger.
-Matt
"Vacationing user"
Pede Pede - 3.19.13, 8:56 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
MadMax96 said
It's all good - no need to apologize! Everyone can like what they want!

I think the Stampede is sort of the 1/10 4x4 MT benchmark - all the owners I see post about it when people inquire about the truck seem to love it to death. I don't doubt their claims to how great it works and how well it holds up. *I* personally just can't get past the appearance of it... it's just downright fugly. It looks too much like the Stampede 2wd which is an ancient design.

I really want a 1/10(ish) 4wd MT that looks like a monster truck - not a truggy with oversized wheels/tires! The Helion seems appealing not only because of its appearance, but also the fact that I would be able to get parts at my local Hobbytown. I wouldn't buy a basher from a site like Hobbyking and be stuck waiting weeks for parts.

But like stadiumangt and others have mentioned, their Helion vehicles have been questionable as far as durability.

I'd have to wait until someone like Jang or the folks at Big Squid got a hold of it to really put it through the ringer before I would consider pulling the trigger.

I mainly used my Pede on 2s when I had it and I must say it was very durable but this is coming from someone that didn't try to rocket launch it into the moon.

I know your mainly looking for a 1/10 but look at the redcat Avalanche XTE. Can be had on ebay for $300 even. I'm in the middle of working on one of my trucks but if I find the funds I'll be all over the XTE.