Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
silveraider10 - 3.29.13, 6:24 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
i am not sure wich one to get i had the 1.0 losi and it was mehh things wore out very fast and for electronics i will be using a tekin rx8 and a hw 4700 4 pole also a savox 1256 servo. i will aslo be using a trakpower 6800 mah 70c 2s for mains and qualifier i will use g force 5900 60c 2s. any help is appreciated
Timewarp Rc Raceway - Team Driver for Speed Passion
B44.2 l C4.2 l (coming soon m12)
"Vacationing user"
Traxxas711 - 3.29.13, 6:56 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I love losi so I'm goin scte
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 3.29.13, 7:11 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
The Tekno SCT410 uses a lot of the same parts as the EB48, like 1/8 scale buggy diffs and 16mm big bore shocks. If you are building a kit I think I would go for the Tekno. I don't personally have one but a buddy of mine does, he used to race an scte but now he raves about his Tekno.

Here is a link to a video that tells a little bit about the truck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgEk3sXtQk
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
Rakkasan 1/187 Infantry Regiment
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
silveraider10 - 3.29.13, 8:01 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
the tekno does look pretty sweet and everyone at my local track drives losi i almost wanna get the tekno just to break up the losi pleathera haah
"Don't know much about rockets"
GypsyRC - 3.29.13, 8:41 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
SCTE 2.0 I think 80-90% of ppl that replie to this thread will also Say scte2.0 it's just more popular and has the parts support just a better kit
Losi XXX-SCT w/ TLR Tuning Kit - Ofna Lx2e CC-MM 2200KV System - 2 Losi Micro Brushless SCT's - ECX Torment SCT

Follow Me On Instagram : GypsyRc
"Experienced user"
silveraider10 - 3.29.13, 9:33 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
my local hobbyshop will stock parts for people who buy it there and 1 has sold and they have extra arms and carriers and stuff like that and on here it seems like people like the losi but on rctech people rave about the tekno
"Experienced user"
Jburke187 - 3.29.13, 9:47 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Amainhobbies stocks the parts for the Tekno as well, I have been thinking about buying one since my buddy won't shut up about his, what little bit I have ran his I will say it blows my old SC10 4x4 factory kit away, it feels much smoother in an out of turns and is pretty stable in the air. I have never run a Losi so I can't really compare it to that. But when I get back into racing I will more than likely buy the Tekno, my buddy is the only one who runs one at our track, 80% of the other people run Losi.
(Last edited by Jburke187 : 3.29.13 at 9:49 pm)
- Burke
U.S. Army Vet OEF, OIF
Rakkasan 1/187 Infantry Regiment
"Ne Desit Virtus"
"Experienced user"
Syldain - 3.29.13, 10:11 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I've had my tekno since january and haven't broken anything. That's a first for me so I can tell you the quality is there. The only downside for me is that my lhs doesn't stock parts for it so I would stock up on a couple of the regular wear parts or take a week to get it across the border online. Building it from the kit was a breeze and it's an excellent handling truck. Go tekno and enjoy.
"Experienced user"
silveraider10 - 3.29.13, 11:08 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
I think I am gonna go tekno I just like how it looks and I drove one before and it was great I am gonna try a 2.0 losi tommarow and make my final descion but I still have to sell my e buggy
"Experienced user"
RC*PHREAK - 3.30.13, 9:49 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
lol@ the 2.0 being a better kit. i too have had one since they first came out (i had one pre-ordered before they shipped) and i haven't broken anything. outdrives show no wear. towers and chassis are straight. body posts are perfect. i had a SCTE 1.0 and it was a nice truck minus leaky diffs and parts wearing quickly.

tekno did the first time what losi has tried to do the second time.
builtrc.com