Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
GeekMAXX - 4.13.13, 9:43 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
After 2 months of racing every single week since I first started racing my losi needed some serious TLC! In addition to a thorough cleaning and about two weeks to rebuild, these are the parts that needed replacing and what I added!

Replaced front and rear bumpers
TLR front aluminum hinge pin holder
Titanium nitride hinge pins
TLR Carbon fiber rear shock tower
DE racing low profile rear skidplate
TLR flex tuned chassis (got it for $45 off hopmeup about a month ago!)
HD rear outdrives
HD diff housings (with hpi z449 screws instead of stock. 5/5/3 oils)
*edit* forgot to put King Headz aluminum extended rear chassis brace
also have a new proline flotek body waiting for painting. The stock body is almost completely disintegrated from racing abuse hehe

New front bumper, TLR Aluminum front hinge pin block, TLR titanium nitride hinge pins. I bent the stock hinge pin holder block so bad the hinge pins and a-arms were only being held on by the front bumper screws and both the front and rear bumpers were being held on with zip-ties and miracles as they were broken in almost every single spot. At least they did thier job nicely, not a single major component has broken yet. Mostly just wear and tear.

King headz aluminum extended rear brace, carbon rear shock tower, replaced rear bumper. The Kingz head brace is waaay longer and attaches almost to the middle of the chassis. I bet this baby is going to have a ton more rigidity than the crummy short plastic stock brace.

Here you can see im still using the stock rear hinge pin holder but I like the TLR one so much I think I'll go ahead and order the rear one too. also you can see the Kings head brace uses all stock hardware to mount!

Stock Chassis. Obviously heavily used/worn but look at the front end (left) and see how its tweaked upwards? Yea thats the impact that bent the front hinge pin holder! Smashed into a low hidden tree root at full speed and caught the a-arm but didnt break it!

Shmexy new chassis!

Here you can see how the Kings head extended brace uses the top left unused motor mounting spot with a small aluminum filler plate to mount to the center of the chassis.

Heres the DE racing low profile rear skid plate. I wish they made a front one too I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Looks great, comes in a pack of three for like 5 bucks, and its really low profile so as not to reduce ground clearance. The front part is also swept up to reduce catching on stuff as you run it over. Interested to see how it holds up but I do have two more if/when this one needs replacing.
(Last edited by GeekMAXX : 4.13.13 at 10:27 pm)
Losi SCTE- Tekin Pro4 HD 4300kv, Hobbywing SCT-pro, 2s LiPo.
Axial SCX-10 Dingo-Holmes Hobbies Expert 35t, Holmes Hobbies BR-XL esc, 3s LiPo
Tacon Soar 1/14 buggy on 2s LiPo
Mugen MBX6e- Tekin T8 1900kv gen 2, Tekin Rx8 Gen2 esc, 2x 2s LiPo
"Don't know much about rockets"
GypsyRC - 4.13.13, 10:04 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Haha brand new RC, good job, good re-vamp
Losi XXX-SCT w/ TLR Tuning Kit - Ofna Lx2e CC-MM 2200KV System - 2 Losi Micro Brushless SCT's - ECX Torment SCT

Follow Me On Instagram : GypsyRc
"Experienced user"
GeekMAXX - 4.13.13, 10:10 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I gotta say I'm impressed with the build quality of this thing. I bought the roller and its a tough truck. For a while my track had a jump called the "rocket ramp" that sent your car 15' in the air straigh up and landed on a 1ft tall landing ramp. HUGE air and HARD impact. Still havent actually *broken* anything. Now with some minor added improvements im sure its going to last even longer and it is a TON of fun to race.

Cant wait to take it out the the track to see how it feels with the added vertical rigidity of the kings head brace and the grip from the TLR flex tuned chassis.
"Experienced user"
Biffff - 4.14.13, 2:13 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Lookin good! How's your rod ends/balls ? Mine had a crazy amount of play after a few months of use
"Experienced user"
mule - 4.14.13, 2:39 am Post #5: | Reply With Quote
You racing on-road? Looks like street tires.
"Don't worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon!"
"Experienced user"
Biffff - 4.14.13, 5:54 am Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Just noticed that you need the losi droop screws that thread into the chassis.
Losa6253. The a-arm droop screws ride on top of them instead of gouging up the chassis.
"Experienced user"
GeekMAXX - 4.14.13, 8:07 am Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Rod ends have a teenie bit of play but nothing bad. Street tires are for bashing in my street. I race with M3 Calibers at my track.

havent checked out different droop screws, I will take a look at them

*edit* just looked at them, do they thread in from the bottom or something?
(Last edited by GeekMAXX : 4.14.13 at 8:11 am)
"Experienced user"
CDaugin - 4.14.13, 8:33 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
just bought a used SCTE and need to give it a little TLC - i like your decisions.
awesome deal on that chassis too! gotta find me one.
"Experienced user"
GeekMAXX - 4.14.13, 10:46 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
hopmeup still has some tlr chassis on clearance for $48!! get one while you can!

http://www.hopmeup.com/Items/tlr4000...%3a%20Ten-SCTE
"Experienced user"
Biffff - 4.14.13, 10:56 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
GeekMAXX said
Rod ends have a teenie bit of play but nothing bad. Street tires are for bashing in my street. I race with M3 Calibers at my track.

havent checked out different droop screws, I will take a look at them

*edit* just looked at them, do they thread in from the bottom or something?
They thread in from the top.