Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.09.13, 7:14 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I'm sure many of you have already heard of the mini mad beast, I'm new to the hobby so i did my research. I did't want to spend much as I'm not even sure if i'm going to like the hobby, but i do love tinkering with small electronics and building computers. So i should be getting this Sometime on monday or tuesday, I will be doing an unboxing/review video, as i cannot find any on youtube with the mini mad beast. For 70$ 4WD, LiPo battery and charger, AND a 2.4Ghz radio, The parts are readily available on NitroRXC.com although shipping is really expensive, kinda stupid considering parts weigh in the low grams. But for 70$ I really thought this was a bargain, I don't plan on bashing it, i do plan on breaking in the motor as it is brushed at this time i will also set gear meshings, as i've heard that many companies do not have QC on gear meshings, hence peoples RTR spur gears getting chewed in first or second day. I'm just hoping the 2 in 1 ESC and reciever is programmed with LiPo cut-off, and also the charger should have balancing capabilities. Basically giving you all a heads up on a new unboxing/video review on the Mini Mad Beast, wil be touching base on alot of questions that NitroRCX doesnt answer. thanks alot.
"Monster Truck Addict"
HoldDaMayo - 6.10.13, 6:57 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
looking forward to your update... It is a very good looking RC... very cool looking body and design.
Current Toys: Latrax Teton

Sold Toys: MT4 G3, Nexx10sc, 2wd brushless Slash, Helion Invictus, Slash 2wd, Mini Madbeast, Caldera 10e, Arrma Granite, Monster GT 4.6, Tamiya TNX, RC18MT, TT-01, 2wd Stampede and Rustler, 2 x Slash 4x4, Helion Animus
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.11.13, 11:22 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
So I was hoping that the mini beast would come intoday, but it didnt... Will keep you posted.
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.12.13, 11:19 am Post #4: | Reply With Quote
My first impressions.... Feels nice and rigid, like its gunna stand up to quite the bit, the parts could use a reinforcement up in the front shock area, but hey thats what the bumbers are for :P, The charger DOES infact balance, the ESC should have cut-off although im not 100% sure, havent ran it yet. Anyways some pictures hope you enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0092[1].jpg
Views:	60
Size:	495.6 KB
ID:	47551  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0093[1].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	47552  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0094[1].jpg
Views:	57
Size:	555.2 KB
ID:	47553  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0095[1].jpg
Views:	67
Size:	573.9 KB
ID:	47554  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0098[1].jpg
Views:	39
Size:	360.9 KB
ID:	47555  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0096[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	47556  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0097[1].jpg
Views:	37
Size:	485.3 KB
ID:	47557  
"Monster Truck Addict"
HoldDaMayo - 6.12.13, 12:12 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
looks good man, very interested to see how it performs and holds up to a few bumps and bruises.

Sold Toys: MT4 G3, Nexx10sc, 2wd brushless Slash, Helion Invictus, Slash 2wd, Mini Madbeast, Caldera 10e, Arrma Granite, Monster GT 4.6, Tamiya TNX, RC18MT, TT-01, 2wd Stampede and Rustler, 2 x Slash 4x4, Helion Animus
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.12.13, 12:46 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
So took it out for its first real bash, took it off about a 1 1/2 foot jump i made out of cardboard, the one thing i can say is the servo throw definately sucks, as ive heard before. I find im constantly retuning my steering trim, havent put a full pack through it yet though, cam back in as it started to rain, definately too fast for around the small apartment... Over all great buy for 70 dallors plus S&H, very good quality begginers rc.
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.12.13, 12:47 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Lots of power in the 4WD as well
"Monster Truck Addict"
HoldDaMayo - 6.12.13, 1:20 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
I find the servo not coming back to center very common the smaller scale vehicles... between the loose servo savers and weak servos... it just seems like something you have to deal with, you kind of get used to it... Sounds like I may have to pick up one of these.

"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.12.13, 1:52 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
If you are going to grab it, get it onsale at nitroRCX.com, really cheap right now... I would definately reccomend this is your into the smaller scales. Ran it for a good 15 mins and i still got a bit of juice left for about 1 more small run, because they give you Li-Po and not NmH, the run times are waaaay longer, it seems i only have to charge this thing once a day for casual use, and 2-3 times a day for some real rc driving time.
"Experienced user"
B.Ryan3113 - 6.12.13, 1:54 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
Pree sure its exclusive to NitroRCX actually, it is an exceed vehicle