Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
mnewbolds - 8.16.13, 5:15 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Just bought my second 1sq. Lost the first one so i purchased a tx-r. When I bound it to the transmitter and went to take off, the quad just flipped to the left. Now if I hold it in my ha and throttle up, I can tilt it about 45 deg. And all motors run like it was thinking that was level. Yes, I am sitting the quad on a flat level surface when connecting the pack, yes all rotors spin freely... What am I missing here? Please help before I give up on aviation all together, this is not my first failed attempt to take flight.
"Experienced user"
jimbo74 - 8.17.13, 12:02 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
I know you say you are on a level surface when connecting the pack, but how long before it binds up? also, is it something you can trim out?

I know the gyro on my mcx2 takes a few seconds to calibrate, oterhwise, it wont connect, or it just flies into walls
"THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN"
"Experienced user"
mnewbolds - 8.17.13, 2:38 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I give it about 5 seconds. I wonder if when I did the initial bind to the tx, it was off pitch... Is there a way to reset the binding aside from just pushing the link button...
"Experienced user"
mnewbolds - 8.17.13, 7:38 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Figured it out. It was the board... long story short, after digging through 3 more tx-r's we finally found one that works... Last Helimax for me,,,,
"Experienced user"
mnewbolds - 8.18.13, 5:55 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Camera is freezing.... My frustration is beyond explanation. anyone mount a different cam to this model that works? 808 keychain?
"Experienced user"
Werner700 - 8.18.13, 6:37 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I had videos freeze twice during my first couple flights. I also had an issue with the micro sd card coming loose on hard landings. I ended up using a small piece of electrical tape to hold it in.

I emailed Heli-Max about it and they actually sent me an entirely new camera unit.

I haven't installed the new replacement camera yet since I haven't had any problems with the original since then. Both times the video froze it was very hot and humid out. Probably 90F+. I'm thinking the camera or the circuit board was overheating.

I would email them about it.
Traxxas Nitro Stampede, Merv, EMBE, DR-1 | Aquacraft Minimono | Tamiya Bearhawk, Midnight Pumpkin | Heli-Max 1SQ v-cam | Redcat Terremoto | Estes Proto X
"Experienced user"
mnewbolds - 8.19.13, 2:59 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
Next on my list. Think I've seen your youtube video(s). This is actually my 5th 1sq. In this order...
1. Bad camera, lhs replaced
2. Lost and never found
3. Bad board, lhs replaced
4. Bad LVD, lhs replaced
5. Current cam freezing. Had it out at the truck stop today and didn't have much issue, just turned the video on/off every 20 sec or so... The videos that froze I've noticed happen mostly when the quad jerks or makes a sudden move. I'll try the email approach. Did you need the original receipt and info?
"Experienced user"
Werner700 - 8.20.13, 3:49 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
Wow... you have had a lot of problems with it.

I bought mine from tower hobbies so I didn't really get a receipt. I think Heli-Max asked me for the model number on the box when I emailed them.

I've tried to keep my videos short as well. There were a couple times that I ran it down to the low voltage cutoff and the video didn't save properly.

In my case I really do think it was the heat/humidity that was causing the issue. Since it's cooled down a bit around here I haven't had any problems with it. After it froze the second time I disconnected/reconnected the camera to make sure the plug was seated correctly which may have helped too.

Good luck.
Traxxas Nitro Stampede, Merv, EMBE, DR-1 | Aquacraft Minimono | Tamiya Bearhawk, Midnight Pumpkin | Heli-Max 1SQ v-cam | Redcat Terremoto | Estes Proto X