Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Not the bees!"
candre23 - 9.11.13, 1:06 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
Nobody wants to be left out of the desery buggy craze that appears to be sweeping the RC industry. Here's Mad Gear's entry:

Features:
  • DuPont lightweight chassis plate and roll cage
  • First pressing DuPont plastic towers and wishbones
  • Low centre of gravity for better handling
  • Fully adjustable steering and suspension geometry
  • Hi-torque brushed motor and sealed gearbox
  • Adjustable Ball Differential
  • Heavy duty drive shafts
  • Long travel oil filled shocks
  • Highwall bead lock style wheels

Specifications:
Scale: 1/10
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Battery: 7.2V 1800mAh NI-MH battery
Motor: RC 540 brushed motor
ESC: 1/10 brushed ESC
Servo: 9kg Standard Servo
Radio: 2CH 2.4Ghz radio system
Charger: USA Charger
Wheelbase: 290mm (11.4")
Ground Glearance: 20mm (.79")
Size: L: 400mm * 260mm * 125mm (15.7 x 10.2 x 4.9in)

NitroRCX has them in red and green for $99 RTR.
My collection: sites.google.com/site/chipsrcgarage
"Chevy Guy"
stadiumangt - 9.11.13, 1:13 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
i like the bumper and low profile front shock tower
tmdz28 said
Common sense is a luxury nowadays. Sadly.
Heeelmooi said
Now add Cancel Croatians Mumbai Monastary in there
Specializing in Duratrax Nitro Quake, Ofna Monster Pirate/Dominator, Ofna Blazer (original), Kyosho Nitro Usa-1
"Experienced user"
drbyrnes - 9.11.13, 1:32 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
Looks real nice. Wiring could be cleaner, don't like them hanging out just to get caught on something.

I just kinda wish race buggies would look kinda scale like such as this one. The aesthetics just do it for me.
"Experienced user"
perry - 9.11.13, 1:42 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
i wonder who's making it for them so we can find where spare parts are available.
tamiyafier said
Whenever someone replies "k thks m8 lol" i die a little inside.

still runnin' cars like I clean my teeth: with brushes.
"Monster Truck Addict"
HoldDaMayo - 9.11.13, 1:46 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
wow, that is a sick looking buggy... adjustable ball differential doesn't sound too appealing, but what a beautiful looking RC for the money.
Current Toys: Latrax Teton

Sold Toys: MT4 G3, Nexx10sc, 2wd brushless Slash, Helion Invictus, Slash 2wd, Mini Madbeast, Caldera 10e, Arrma Granite, Monster GT 4.6, Tamiya TNX, RC18MT, TT-01, 2wd Stampede and Rustler, 2 x Slash 4x4, Helion Animus
"Vacationing user"
d300guy - 9.11.13, 2:00 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
It doesn't look too bad. I wish they had more pictures on their website.
"Experienced user"
JimPrower - 9.11.13, 3:26 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
I'm not sure on it myself. Looks interesting, but the front shock tower...eh, I'm not too thrilled with how it looks...despite "Dupont" plastic, I'm not sure how durable it is. If the wheels are any indication, (Stadium truck size, it appears,) it's probably a little smaller than the SCB-size offerings on the market.
The American James May
"Experienced user"
Dparker818 - 9.11.13, 3:28 pm Post #8: | Reply With Quote
perry said
i wonder who's making it for them so we can find where spare parts are available.
I think DuPont is trying to get into rc manufacturing
ECX Circuit ECX SMASH
HOBBY PEOPLE Vertex 1/10 Quanum Vandal Buggy
Kyosho Mini Inferno vaterra kalahari
axial scx10 dingo
"POWERRRR!" - Jeremy Clarkson
"Experienced user"
JatoTheRipper - 9.11.13, 3:42 pm Post #9: | Reply With Quote
Dparker818 said
I think DuPont is trying to get into rc manufacturing
I highly doubt that DuPont wants anything to do with RC. DuPont is a chemical company, not a plastics molding company. They sell lots of products used in the production of plastics and composites though. And that's probably where DuPont comes into play. It's pretty slick to use it as a marketing tool because everybody has heard of DuPont.

I wish they had more photos of this thing. $99 is hard to beat, but knowing NitroRCX they will charge a lot for shipping so it won't be that great of a deal. And they're notorious for not stocking parts or at least not keeping enough spare parts on hand for their vehicles.

I have a Tacon Soar from NitroRCX that has been sitting for months because I, like most people, broke the spindles and NitroRCX had been out of them forever. We were also promised aluminum parts, but I haven't seen those.
Teach me how to Truggy!
"Experienced user"
Dparker818 - 9.11.13, 3:50 pm Post #10: | Reply With Quote
JatoTheRipper said
I highly doubt that DuPont wants anything to do with RC. DuPont is a chemical company, not a plastics molding company. They sell lots of products used in the production of plastics and composites though. And that's probably where DuPont comes into play. It's pretty slick to use it as a marketing tool because everybody has heard of DuPont.

I wish they had more photos of this thing. $99 is hard to beat, but knowing NitroRCX they will charge a lot for shipping so it won't be that great of a deal. And they're notorious for not stocking parts or at least not keeping enough spare parts on hand for their vehicles.

I have a Tacon Soar from NitroRCX that has been sitting for months because I, like most people, broke the spindles and NitroRCX had been out of them forever. We were also promised aluminum parts, but I haven't seen those.
im just joking around, but the shipping to my house is only 11.95, not trying to get into a big argument
ECX Circuit ECX SMASH
HOBBY PEOPLE Vertex 1/10 Quanum Vandal Buggy
Kyosho Mini Inferno vaterra kalahari
axial scx10 dingo
"POWERRRR!" - Jeremy Clarkson