Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
""X100""
drw814 - 3.29.14, 1:01 pm Post #51: | Reply With Quote
I sold a couple things, and bought this from someone else there. I need a pull start to get it running though.

Gonna run it nitro for a quart or two, then convert it to electric. I have been looking for an xxl for a while, and I'm stocked I finally found/purchased one.
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814
"It's only an opinion..."
Ocdcbr - 3.29.14, 1:06 pm Post #52: | Reply With Quote
Garradmiller said
Okay I can tell in the pictures it has metal diff cases but silver. I've seen a few styles.
its not the outer case that i mean...its within that, the plastic case that actually houses the gears. stock is plastic, hd is also plastic i think but with metal inserts where it counts....
MT4G3!!
Losi lst2 brushless leopard 4092 6s beast
Losi lst2 nitro
slash 4x4vxl,emaxx 3906,tamiya lunch box, tamiya fiat ,ansmann macnum
Check my Utube:Maxnluca
Ocdcbr - 3.29.14, 1:07 pm Post #53: | Reply With Quote
drw814 said
I sold a couple things, and bought this from someone else there. I need a pull start to get it running though.

Gonna run it nitro for a quart or two, then convert it to electric. I have been looking for an xxl for a while, and I'm stocked I finally found/purchased one.
Does it not have the spin start?
MT4G3!!
Losi lst2 nitro
"Experienced user"
Garradmiller - 3.29.14, 1:08 pm Post #54: | Reply With Quote
Gotcha makes sense
280+ positive ebay Feedback, 59 (%100) rctech trader rating
""X100""
drw814 - 3.29.14, 1:29 pm Post #55: | Reply With Quote
Didn't come with it. Looks like there is a pullstart there, but the handle you pull on is gone.
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814
Ocdcbr - 3.29.14, 1:56 pm Post #56: | Reply With Quote
Fair enough. Looks like the motor that ce w my lst2.... Maybe it's not. Either way. Enjoy!
MT4G3!!
Losi lst2 nitro
""X100""
drw814 - 3.29.14, 2:36 pm Post #57: | Reply With Quote
How do you guys feel about possibly putting this motor in the lst for a conversion?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAGXB

Reason I ask is because I already have one and wouldn't have to buy another motor.
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814
Ocdcbr - 3.29.14, 2:55 pm Post #58: | Reply With Quote
I had the ripper 2000kv in mine on 6s briefly and a 1900 kv turnigy on 4s Both seemed ok to me. Several more experienced users thought that a lower kv on a higher cell would be better. After advice I went for the leopard 1480kv 92mm motor that I now run on 6s. That's what was in that vid I posted up.

No doubt that motor would b ok on 4s if u geared it right and monitored temps. ( the usual answer I guess) jumpit might chime in here as he's had a 2350 from what I remember and he's got a e lst xxl too....
MT4G3!!
Losi lst2 nitro
""X100""
drw814 - 3.29.14, 3:59 pm Post #59: | Reply With Quote
I know there are better choices, but I figured I would ask since I wouldn't have to buy a new motor.

If this motor runs too hot, I will probably get a leopard motor around 2000kv. I normally only run on 4s.
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814
""X100""
drw814 - 3.29.14, 8:07 pm Post #60: | Reply With Quote
Also, for anyone wanting to do a 17mm hex mod, I had great success with my previous LST. I just slightly drilled out a set of traxxas 17mm hexes (like on the erevo and summit) to accommodate the LSTs lager axles. Used the stock traxxas pins to put them on the losi axles. Worked great, no rubbing, no washers/shims. May do it to this one as well if/when I want to switch to 17mm.
Basher by trade

Youtube - Oxmdrw814