Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
bshifflett - 11.19.06, 2:24 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I was just trying to repair my Rustler and I had a loose wire on my Brushless system (ss5800) and after putting it all back together, I turned everything on, the steering was working, but not getting any throttle control, motor would start going by itself and then just all kinds of weird stuff, so I was thinking maybe batteries were bad, charged battery in car and put some fresh (I believe) AA batteries in Transmitter, now, when turning everything on, I am getting no steering as before I was, I apply throttle and stuff and not showing any response to the ESC, no lights changing colors as when you apply throttle it should change to green or anything. Seems like the transmitter is not sending a signal or the receiver is not responding to anything. What should I try first to narrow the problem down?
Rustler Electric '06
Duratrax Aluminum Shocks
Duratrax 5x11 Bearings
RPM 5x11 Bearing Carriers
Brushless SS5800
Masher Front and Rear Tires
Proline Chrome Rims
Custom Shark Themed Painted Body
"Uninexperienced User"
seth556 - 11.19.06, 3:12 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
You fixed that loose wire right? But I would check all your connections and pull a little bit on the wires going into the connectors to make sure they haven't come undone.
--High Velocity Racing--
"Experienced user"
bshifflett - 11.19.06, 8:17 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
yeah, but the wire has nothing to doo with the servo control, it goes to the motor for detection of running the brushless motor.
Rustler Electric '06
Duratrax Aluminum Shocks
Duratrax 5x11 Bearings
Brushless SS5800
Proline Chrome Rims
"now what?"
tobhur - 11.19.06, 8:36 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Uh that wire coming from ur esc has everything to do with servo control, it powers the receiver which in turn powers the servo. Check ur connections and recheck just to be sure. It soudns like nothing is getting power to me. Don't worry nothing is fried from what you said something is just loose.
We explain away God and call it naturalism
We endorse homosexual marriage and call it an alternate lifestyle
We make ourselves bigest and call it success
We pull the ten comandments and God out of public school
and wonder what the problem is
"Experienced user"
bshifflett - 11.20.06, 2:10 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
It is not the wire that goes from the ESC to the receiver that was repaired, it was the wire going from the ESC to the SS5800 Brushless Motor.
Rustler Electric '06
Duratrax Aluminum Shocks
Duratrax 5x11 Bearings
Brushless SS5800
Proline Chrome Rims
"Experienced user"
bshifflett - 11.21.06, 7:32 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Ok, I went to the lhs today and the owner took my ESC out and put another one in he had, the servo started working with his. So, with that, looks like it is an issue with my ESC. I am thinking maybe a short? I am getting lights on it, just no control. Going to call Team Novak tomorrow and see what they say. Would it be a problem with the capacitor maybe? How do you determine the next step to check?
Rustler Electric '06
Duratrax Aluminum Shocks
Duratrax 5x11 Bearings
Brushless SS5800
Proline Chrome Rims