Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
dgprod - 11.18.07, 1:02 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
After a couple of light collisions my "sprite" 4 wheel drive RC car fishtails and (spins in a circle) when accelerating. It has been totally submerged in a giant mud puddle accidentally by my son. It was cleaned up, dried and it started 1st go. When holding the car off the ground the rear wheels spin and not the front wheels. I gave the car a good clean and couldn't see anything obvious, like a broken drive shaft??

Where could the problem lie?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC car1a.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	8874  
"un-lovered....."
digifox - 11.18.07, 1:31 pm Post #2: | Reply With Quote
maybe a lose drive cup/yoke?
Traxxas Slayer ~ upgrading the pro 4x4 specs
Helion Animus ~ S-s-s-stock
"Simon says...."
CJ42991 - 11.19.07, 5:19 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
if it has a center differential, take that out and open it to make sure none of the gears are shredded
"Experienced user"
DugKitz - 11.19.07, 9:36 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
maybe missing drive cup set screw/pin? thats happened a few times on my revos cvd cups.
"Experienced user"
rip_1986 - 12.05.07, 1:20 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
check the front diff also to make shur its gears arent sheered, hsppen to my hpi mt and meugen street car
"Experienced user"
dgprod - 12.07.07, 2:27 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
I did find there was a problem with the gears that are supose to freewheel one way and lock in in the reverse direction. I replaced the gear assembly and I am sure will solve the problem, Thanks for the clues.