Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
UezeU - 1.24.08, 10:04 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have decided to add a nitro monster truck to my collection. I have narrowed my decision between these three trucks.

Savage - I have heard a lot of good things about this truck. It is less expensive than the rest and the aftermarket supply of parts seems to be huge. I do not like the fact that the truck is not good around a track and the included radio is AM.

MGT - This truck is the unknown factor. It is pretty new and it is hard to find first hand experiences. I am worried about runtime with the huge engine. I have also heard a owner complain that the engine is hard to tune. I like the radio that is included and it is supposedly decent around a track. Parts seem to be hard to come by for this truck but that is probably because it is new.

LST2 - I like the fact that the LST2 is good around a track. The radio included is also adequate. I am worried about the ruggedness of the truck. I bash mainly and ruggedness is important. I also like the fact that the tank is huge.

I am having problems deciding between these three trucks. There is a RC track close to me so racing is a factor. Nothing serious but friendly competition is always fun. They run mainlt 1/8 buggies but I want a truck. I was thinking of a truggy but I bash a lot and I am afraid a truggy won't be as fun. Somebody please help me make this decision. Thanks.
"I.D.K my BFF Jill?"
rcmankamil - 1.25.08, 9:11 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Mgt all the way. I was gonna get that rather than a savage, but the savage was there, I just bash, and I wanted a new truck badly :P

but mgt all the way man!
I have bad luck with this hobby. yet Im still in it
My junk: HPI Mt2 - RC10GT - Stampede - TT01 - Nitro Rusty - Duratrax Overdrive - and my baby, Savage X. Oh yeah.. and like 4,000 In useless Xmods Junk <_<
"Experienced user"
UezeU - 1.25.08, 2:02 pm Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I almost bought the MGT 8.0 but I found a deal on a LST2 and I decided on that. I almost regret not getting the MGT. If this wasn't my first nitro I would have probably got the MGT. There are guys at my LHS that run the Losi and they can help me out with any problems that I come across.
"I.D.K my BFF Jill?"
rcmankamil - 1.25.08, 2:27 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
Ahh, ok. How much did you pay for it? Is it stock?
My junk: HPI Mt2 - RC10GT - Stampede - TT01 - Nitro Rusty - Duratrax Overdrive - and my baby, Savage X. Oh yeah.. and like 4,000 In useless Xmods Junk <_<
"Experienced user"
UezeU - 1.25.08, 5:38 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Stock, brand new LST2
(Last edited by UezeU : 2.11.08 at 6:44 pm)
"I.D.K my BFF Jill?"
rcmankamil - 1.25.08, 6:51 pm Post #6: | Reply With Quote
Not bad... To much for my wallet though :P
"Experienced user"
UezeU - 1.25.08, 7:02 pm Post #7: | Reply With Quote
It hurt mine. The MGT 8.0 was still less expensive, but the price was too good to pass up.
(Last edited by UezeU : 2.11.08 at 6:44 pm)
"Experienced user"
Venum - 2.02.08, 5:17 am Post #8: | Reply With Quote
The LST original had a lot of problems, but I hear, here and there, that Losi has there act together on the LST2. You might have made a good choice. The MGT 8.0 is new also and has a few problems.
"Experienced user"
malik - 2.03.08, 7:42 am Post #9: | Reply With Quote
The mgt is a great truck I have 1 the parts there is lots of aftermarket for it just use the 4.60 parts they are the same truck except the engine,mount,slipper,tranny,tires,body and it has a different brake pad. Trust me GET THE MGT you will have less time wrenching than any other truck in my opinion.
"GeckMaster"
New_Era - 2.04.08, 11:11 am Post #10: | Reply With Quote
I would say the
Savage X is best for your pocket,i believe it goes for around $429 Its a hell of a beast.I never broke anything on that thing! you can set it up for bashing or racing! its a beast. There is everything you can ever want made aftermarket for this truck.
Here's a few.
http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/...64&shortlist=1
Multiple pages here
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...VSEARCH=Savage

OH theyre having a special rite now on the savage too! check them out.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14061
And:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7805
(Last edited by New_Era : 2.04.08 at 11:18 am)
Whats the Officer problem?
Check out dirtalliance.com/forums
Check out 4130clothing.com