Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"New user"
NitroRustlerMB - 2.17.09, 8:17 am Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I have seen many people ask if a Nitro Rustler can have a 2 speed transmission put in it and many have said no. YES it can. I just completed one. I purchased a new Jato tranny from ebay including 54 tooth spur and disk break for $34. I drilled new holes in the Rustler frame and bolted the 2 speed in. I made a video and posted it in part 1 and part 2 on You Tube.

You guys check it out and let me know what you think. The last minute of part 2 is some gear shifting blistering speed!

Part 1 2 speed Nitro Rustler

Part 2 2 speed Nitro Rustler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYdvjUS56hc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj8qj...eature=related

I put a lot of effort documenting this incase anyone else was wanting to put a 2 speed transmission in a Rustler. Please comment.
OS 18 TZ, all Aluminum Rustler, 2 speed transmission. Insanely Fast. YES - I said 2 speed tranny in a rustler!
"Experienced user"
hockeypede364 - 2.19.09, 9:13 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
SWEET!!!! lol, now do that to an Npede...